small box of tissue
wide mouth mason jar, lid and ring
fabric scrap/scrapbook paper (big enough to cover the lid)
Glue (hot, tacky, mod podge etc.)
paint and paintbrush
- (optional) paint mason jar and allow to dry
- lay out your fabric, trace the lid leaving a little extra space along the edge for cutting
- using your scissors cut an X on the fabric
- place inside the jar ring and glue
- open up your box of tissue and set it aside
- If desired paint a second coat on your mason jar ans let dry
- take your tissue andput it in the mason jar leaving the next available tissue sticking up (so you can pull it through)
- screw on the lid and pull the tissue out!
If you want you can use paint markers to draw or trace the designs on the jar like I did or just leave it like it is! :)
If you are keeping it in your bathroom/outside etc. I'd recommend using a sealer spray to keep the paint from getting wet.