When I moved out on my own last summer my mom gave me you guessed it... a folding chair. It honestly was very ugly so i had to fix it. After sitting on it for about 6 months i figured it was time to finally get gettin'.
Materials:
* 1/2 yd fabric (cotton works best)
* screwdriver (phillips or flathead depending on your chair)
* a can of spraypaint (I chose one with a finish in it.)
First i had to remove the backrest, seat and caps off of the legs.
Next I brought the frame outside (make sure its a nice sunny day!) to spray paint it. After the spray paint dried i also used a clear sealer to help hold the paint on better. (It works unless your boyfriend repeatedly brushes his office chair on it.)
While your chair is outside drying you can finish up with recovering the back rest and seat!
*when recovering the backrest make sure you pull the fabric tight and use a lot of staples!

Comments

06/10/2016 6:37am

Thank you for your sharing. Folding chair is a old fashioned chair, but it looks attractive. It occupies less space, so we can use these for small space decor.

Crafty by Nature
06/21/2016 9:03am

Thank you for taking the time to read!

02/15/2017 1:58am

This is a good tutorial find. I’m trying to look over the internet on how to make old folding chairs new. I feel lucky to have found your site. I must say that your color selection on that upholstery work is so good. I love the gold finish on that. Maybe the fabric isn’t my taste at all. But I’m going to use a textured fabric in dark color. It’ll bring out the radiance of gold with that color.

09/16/2016 2:45am

Nice job! This chair looks pretty good. I like this project.

Crafty By Nature
04/26/2017 6:51pm

Thank you!

Looks new and cute!! We have chairs like these at home and the covering always peels off. I'll ask my dad if we can do this, so we can save the money for ourselves and keep the old chair. I want a Toy Story design or any Marvel hero design. I think that would be so cool.

Crafty By Nature
04/26/2017 6:52pm

Thank you! how did your project turn out?

11/21/2016 11:31pm

Awesome work

12/06/2016 9:48pm

The AFRDI is the Australasian Furnishing Research and Development Institute, otherwise known as Furntech. The AFRDI is an independent and not-for-profit organisation that provides standards, testing, research and product certification to aid both consumers and producers of furniture. An office chair that has been tested and certified by the AFRDI is guaranteed to be safe and functional. The AFRDI also test chairs for durability, so that each piece tested by the AFRDI is relatively environmentally sustainable.

12/26/2016 6:53am

For your home to be free of allergens, dirt and foul smell you need to clean it regularly. The unfortunate thing is that many people don't know how to properly clean their houses.

03/16/2017 5:05am

Step-by-step instruction would be nice to see. This would attract more visitors.

Caroline Rose

I am a work-at-home mom! I love using my craft skills to come up with ways to better not only my budget but also help the environment. It is my goal here to help anyone who wants to be able to stay at home with their family or even just help the environment to do so! I will be posting things like activities you can do with your little one (or as a family), my hand sewn projects, dinner ideas and even homemade versions (ones i have tried anyways)!

google-site-verification: googlea24631cc30ea0e80.html