Picture
Step one: pull out the drawers

* I felt bad throwing away/ burning perfectly good drawers, so instead I slid them under K's bed for extra storage space!

Picture
Step two: unscrew the drawer track and bust out the interior

*I left the back support because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the structure or not... plus K can set little things on them like a shelf.

Picture
Step three: finish the interior
*paint, stain, wallpaper etc
*add hooks
*mirror
*bottom
Now this step will vary from person to person depending on how you want it to look. I stained the wood on the inside and added our old push up bar (because let's be honest... this girl doesn't do push-ups) I toyed with stapling fabric or painting... but this seemed to be the easiest. I also chose not to put a bottom on it because if I know my daughter she will be climbing in it ASAP.

Picture
Here is the almost finished product! I am still on the hunt for a smallish rectangle mirror to attach to the outside of the closet but until then it's done!

I am REALLY excited for her to see it!! :D

Comments

Julie
03/29/2016 9:49am

Nice! When she gets older, you can even let her put stickers in or on it. I had an old dresser that my Mom let me cover up with stickers.

Crafty by Nature
03/29/2016 5:11pm

That's the plan! Today I also decided to get a spring loaded curtain rod and make a little curtain for it.

06/22/2017 4:07pm

This is a good idea! I like how convenient it is because you will be able to put a lot of clothes in it. It is a simple DIY project so many people will be able to do this without any hassle at all. I find other DIY projects about drawers and cabinets a very hard DIY project because of the complicated process it takes before being able to finish it. And even if I had finished the project, it doesn't come out as beautifully as I thought it would be. I would definitely try this out since I've been looking for a convenient DIY project. Thanks!

12/16/2016 4:01am

Thanks for posting this manual. It's such a great idea transforming a drawer into a very useful closet. I will do this one for my unused extra clothes that are just piled on the floor. I hope you could give instructions on how to design it as well. I often visit your site and I hope you could post more ideas like this.

03/30/2016 6:17am

Kids love to play dress up. It's so cool that she have her own spot for all her dress up stuff. Encourages imagination and role playing.

11/30/2016 9:36pm

Wow what good design of the wooden safe is the so beautiful and many people kept the clothes and shoes very easily. This wooden quality is the so good and people are need the good quality of furniture.

01/04/2017 10:38pm

I have the similar dress up closet) And it's very cool to use it!

03/16/2017 5:06am

A little improvement and you don't need to buy a new dress up closet! Amazing!

03/28/2017 1:23am

It's common to take a custom made garment for men online now. How is this situation take place? Maybe you should try to know the reasons in detail.

06/22/2017 4:03pm

hong kong tailor

05/20/2017 11:26pm

A closet is a storage unit that is enclosed in a small place. While providing extra storage space for the household stuff, these closets also add beauty to the house. When you have a proper closet, house looks more spacious and clutter free. A well-organized closet makes things easily accessible and makes life much easier. However, most of the times, the closets that are in built in the house become very cluttered over the period of time and it really becomes impossible to find the required item in the closet.

Caroline Rose

I am a work-at-home mom! I love using my craft skills to come up with ways to better not only my budget but also help the environment. It is my goal here to help anyone who wants to be able to stay at home with their family or even just help the environment to do so! I will be posting things like activities you can do with your little one (or as a family), my hand sewn projects, dinner ideas and even homemade versions (ones i have tried anyways)!

google-site-verification: googlea24631cc30ea0e80.html